Fairhaven High School | Fairhaven, MA
Addition and Restoration
Given as a gift to the City of Fairhaven by Henry Huttleston Rogers in 1906, the existing Fairhaven High School is an historic landmark. The restoration work included converting the existing gymnasium into a library, painstakingly reusing and reconfiguring existing materials, and replicating historic fixtures. Set back from the existing building to minimize its impact and composed of simple, strong plutonic solids, the 85,000 square foot addition includes a new gymnasium, auditorium, arts classrooms, and science labs.